Guests are not able to vote on comments

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mian2016)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi wpDiscuz Support Team & User Community

• I do not allow guests to comment but I want to allow them to be able to vote on others' comments.
  • To disallow guest comments I selected the radio button "NO" for "Allow guests to comment" in the Default Form.
  • To allow guests to vote on others' comments, Under wpDiscuz > Settings on the "General Settings" tab I've selected the checkbox that says "Allow guests to vote on comments".

However, if a guest clicks the voting icon (thumb-up/thumb-down) he gets a message, "You are not allowed to vote for this comment".

Any guidance?

Regards,

Khalid Mian

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

Please delete all caches, purge CDN if you have and do Ctrl+F5 on front-end. Also make sure the guest doesn't vote for own comment.

ReplyQuote
(@mian2016)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Tom,

• I'm not using any caching plugin.
  • I'm not using a CDN.
  • I refreshed many times with F5 on the front-end.
  • Having no success, I installed wpDiscuz on a new test site where there are no other plugins installed.
  • I created a test post with a test comment and then tried to vote on the comment in a different browser as a guest.
  • I get the same message, You are not allowed to vote for this comment
  • Here is the URL of the test post:  http://buzzlog.buzznbeat.com/wpdiscuz-guest-voting-on-comment-test/

It looks like there may be an issue with the plugin.

Would you please check it on your end?

Regards,

Khalid Mian

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

This message means you're voting to your comment. It doesn't matter you've been logged in as user or you've made guest comment, but it detects you and doesn't allow to vote. This is the reason, please ask you friends to vote from other inet providers (different ip).  There is no any issue with plugin. You also can check it here:

wpDiscuz Demo: http://wpdiscuz.com/wpdiscuz-4/

ReplyQuote
(@mian2016)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Tom,

I tried to vote as a guest from different browsers and not just different windows of the same browser and it didn't work.

Thanks for the explanation that the plugin follows the IP and not the login status.

I just checked it on my phone and it works.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Khalid Mian

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

No clue, something is wrong on your end, please leave a URL.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top