Notifications
Clear all

Email notice without subscription button

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@lindae)
Topic starter  

So is there a way to set the plugin so that if someone comments and leaves their email address they will automatically get a response from the author of the blog? Do they always have to subscribe to each topic they share? 

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi LindaE,

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you. Could you please clarify a bit? 

ReplyQuote
(@lindae)
Topic starter  

So is there a way to set the plugin so that if someone comments and leaves their email address they will automatically be able to see the authors response. As I see it the only way they will get notification about the author responding is if they push a button that sets them up to subscribe to the post.

Do they always have to subscribe to each topic they share?

Kind of a separate question is if they are subscribers to the blog and they get emails of each posting can this question of subscribing to get responses to their comments be waved. ie if you subscribe to the blog you automatically receive email notifications when the author responds to your comment.

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @lindae,

Please check out wpDiscuz "Notify of new replies to this comment" checked by default option.

More info here:  https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-documentation/gdpr/right-to-restrict-processing/#automatic-subscription

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top