Edit button missing from guest comment posts

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@pixual)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hello,

We have two new problems with the edit button suddenly not showing up and we can no longer sort comments.

Please see our site at https://www.rvtravel.com

These were both working a couple of weeks ago and I know the sorting was working until just this weekend.

I have examined the front end code and when I am logged in I can see the edit and moderate buttons (and the corresponding HTML and JS code) but when I go to the same comments when I am logged out I cannot see the edit button after I post a comment. We have the edit set for 3 hours. But I have tried to set it to 1 hour and no change.

Also this weekend, the sorting option disappeared from our comments sections. I have tried to disable and re-enable sorting but they are still not there. They do not show up for logged in users or guests.

It looks like we're having a problem with AJAX?? But I cannot find any listed errors in my log files.

Thanks,

Kim

Elvina
(@elvina)
Support

Hi @pixual,

I have examined the front end code and when I am logged in I can see the edit and moderate buttons (and the corresponding HTML and JS code) but when I go to the same comments when I am logged out I cannot see the edit button after I post a comment. We have the edit set for 3 hours. But I have tried to set it to 1 hour and no change.

It seems you've recently installed some other plugin or update one of the existing plugins that caused the issue. Please deactivate the plugins one by one to find the problem maker. 

Besides, we've just checked your website, you have the following js error:

shot 191016 132047

Also this weekend, the sorting option disappeared from our comments sections. I have tried to disable and re-enable sorting but they are still not there. They do not show up for logged in users or guests.

Please navigate to Dashboard > Settings > Discussion admin page, make sure the “Break comments into pages with…” option is disabled, as mentioned the doc:

Note: wpDiscuz AJAX sorting buttons are not available when the default WordPress comment pagination ([1][2][3]) is enabled. 

More info here: 

https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-documentation/settings/comment-list-settings/#pagination

ReplyQuote
(@pixual)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Thanks, sorting works correctly again, good to know of the problem related to default settings. Should be some way of noting that in the plugin???

However, the inability to edit is really annoying, to date I have:

• Disabled ALL plugins including all wpDiscuzz addons leaving only the wpDiscuz plugin
  • Switched back to wpDiscuz AJAX instead of WP AJAX
  • Turned off security on Cloudflare and set Cloudflare to developer mode to disable caching
  • Discussed with my host provider and he can see no issues with their firewall either.

So what's next folks?
It's not a random JS error (which may or may not be related to wpDiscuzz) which I also cannot duplicate.
It's not a plugin.
There are no JS errors in Chrome or Firefox related to AJAX or wpDiscuzz (Safari has errors related to ads)?

Thanks,

Kim

ReplyQuote
(@pixual)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

No reply to the edit button missing. Will create another forum post. Need resolved please.

ReplyQuote
Elvina
(@elvina)
Support

Hi @pixual,

Sorry for the late response.

Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? I will ask the developers to check the issue on your website.

ReplyQuote
(@pixual)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you @pixual,

We were not able to access your website. Please check the login details and make sure they are correct.

ReplyQuote
(@pixual)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Well now I have let the ball drop.
That is a firewall message from our web host.
They were fairly new host when we last tried to fix this so I did not recognize the message.
Can you try to log in again and if you get the error message please let me know what your IP is and I'll have the host whitelist it.

Thanks,

Kim

ReplyQuote
Elvina
(@elvina)
Support

@pixual,

Your website has a problem with the cookie, so the wpDiscuz can't work as expected. There are some functions that use cookies, so you get the problem.
We may suggest you contact your hosting support and ask them this question.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top