Notifications
Clear all

Couple questions regarding social logins...

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gutterboy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Just enabled some social logins and have a few questions..

1. When the user is redirected back to the site from FaceBook they get redirected back to the homepage, which is fine, but wondering if we can customise the link at all as I would like to append a hash to the URL so they land on a certain spot on the page (if not, is it possible to log them in via one of those popup windows type things I have seen other sites use so the user never leaves the page?)

2. I tested logging in with FaceBook and I was able to disallow providing my email address by toggling it off - is it possible to require the email be provided OR if they don't provide, don't register an account for them and show them an error stating that they must provide their email? I guess this goes for other social networks as well.

3. When the "user agreement" pops down, is it possible to hook into this somehow so we can add a checkbox asking them if they would like to subscribe to a newsletter or not?

Thanks!

This topic was modified 5 years ago by gutterboy

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi gutterboy,

I'm sorry but the points you've mentioned possible yet. We'll take into consideration to add the hooks in future releases. 

ReplyQuote
(@gutterboy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

That's a shame - I read up about doing that with Facebook and apparently you need to send them back to a link to re-request their authorisation or something.

Is it possible to hook into your code somehow to do this ourselves - as well as the newsletter option we wanted? If not, I read you do plugin customisation on your homepage - what would this sort of thing cost considering you would be able to use it in future versions of your plugin as well?

The ability to customise the redirect URL isn't as important as the above two needs.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@gutterboy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Any update here?

Thanks! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@gutterboy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Why can't I get a response here?

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi@gutterboy,

Sorry for the late response.

The feature you've asked is useful for sure. We'll take it into consideration for future releases. However, we can't add it to our top tasks.

I'm really sorry but for now, we couldn't help you with this question.

ReplyQuote
(@gutterboy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello,

I understand that, but that's why I asked if it was possible to hook into the plugins functionality so we could do it ourselves?

If not, that's why I also asked about your custom development services mentioned on the home page of your site:

If something doesn’t pass your website functions and theme layout, just request for a plugin customization quote. We work with our plugins, as well as with any other plugins.

..or should I contact you via the contact us page about that?

Thank You!

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Dear gutterboy,

It'd be better to ask some developer to do this customization for you.

If not, that's why I also asked about your custom development services mentioned on the home page of your site:

I'm sorry but we don't provide custom coding services.

ReplyQuote
(@gutterboy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for your response, but if you don't provide custom coding services then why does your home page say you do?

download

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you gutterboy,

This service is not available now. We're preparing to update our website. We'll remove this from the page. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top