Clear all

Comments on product page is capped

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dannyn)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys. Is there any way to reverse the order of comments, so first page is the newest comments, etc. Reason is, that currently I'm using 10 comments per page, and sometimes there's only 1 review under the product, because it just started on a new page. I'd like to circumvent this, so there's always 10 on the page.

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

ReplyQuote
(@dannyn)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Uhm, I don't have those options available, when using pagination. If I switch over to "Load more", it's visible.

You can see here:  http://prntscr.com/k7xlso

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi dannyn,

please change the value of "Comments should be displayed with the X comments at the top of each page" option to the "older", as shown in the screenshot.

omments should be displayed with the older comments

ReplyQuote
(@dannyn)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

I have to follow up here as we were trying to make this work so much but can't get it to function well still. 

here is what we are trying to do:
*we are listing paged comments
1) the pages should be displayed 1-x with page 1 showing the newest comments (also newest top to bottom, so newest comment is at the top)
2) we have the number of top level comments per page setting set to 15 for example and we have somewhat over 70 comments right now for an example as well... so page one should always show 15 top level comments, never less

here is a random example of the exact functionality:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Limited-Ear-Headphones-Kids/product-reviews/B00ZS8GWUG/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_paging_btm_1?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&sortBy=recent&pageNumber=1

there are many more examples out there and I think this is actually the most natural way to show paged comments... it is clear that wordpress core functionality just doesn't have this but it is something that definitely should be doable at least with a comprehensive plugin like yours...

ReplyQuote
(@dannyn)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

following up here, please let me know re my last reply up there

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @dannyn,

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm sorry but wpDiscuz pagination system is designed to work like WordPress pagination system. We cannot change this logic.

ReplyQuote
(@dannyn)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

any way we can do this via an override somewhere (files or functions.php)? we tried some plugins and solutions for this issue that work on wordpress regular setups but they didn't work with wpdiscuz

A solution for this would be very beneficial for a lot of your users I think... especially for comments on products it just looks very bad when the comment count ticks over and it's displaying one or 2 comments only before listing back via the pagination navigation (which a lot of the customers don't even bother with, in general) *and using infinite scroll proved bad for us SEO wise and also preventing the customers from reaching the page footer easily

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @dannyn,

We understand the feature you need. The feature is a modern and useful for sure. We'll take it into consideration for future releases. However, we can't add it to our top tasks.

I'm really sorry but for now, we couldn't help you with this question.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top