[Solved] Can't change font size and no comments on pages

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@redpillersi)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi. My homepage:

http://swiadomosc-zwiazkow.pl/polityczna-poprawnosc-czyli-albo-klamiesz-razem-z-innymi-albo-mozesz-zachowac-milczenie-ban-strony-na-facebooku/#comment-7369

In settings i set 16px font size and it changes to 16px but only on parent/main comment.

Rest of the comments are 13px which i identyfied by mozilla inspector.

I added this code to css:

#wpcomm .wc-reply .wc-comment-right .wc-comment-text {
       font-size: 14px;
}

And it didn't work.

Second problem is that on pages wpdiscuz comment section is not showing.

Comments are enabled in wordpress, and in comment template i have selectet posts and pages.

Maybe in editing specific post/page you can add option to enable/disable manually comment section?

(@redpillersi)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

These are my all changes and all didn't work

#wpcomm .wc-reply .wc-comment-right .wc-comment-text {
font-size: 14px;
}
#wpcomm .wc-blog-post_author .wc-comment-right .wc-comment-author a { color: #B90000;
}
#wc-comment-header .h3 {
color: #fff;
}

Or maybe not changing color of author but specific login name: redpillerpl

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi@redpillersi,

The correct way to change the reply comments font-size is using the following CSS code. 

#wpcomm .wc-reply p {
font-size: 14px !important;
}

Please don't forget to delete all caches before checking. 

Second problem is that on pages wpdiscuz comment section is not showing

Please read this doc and check each point: 

https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-documentation/getting-started/missing-comment-form/

(@redpillersi)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the code. As for the 2 other what we must enter? H3 is "add coment" color which i want to be white and my admin name as other color than other users

As for comments not showing in pages tip nr 4 worked 🙂

This post was modified 5 years ago by redpillersi

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

@redpillersi,

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you please explain using some screenshots of what exactly you need to change. 

(@redpillersi)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@Astghik

Arina
(@arina)
Support Team

Hi @redpillersi,

In this case, you should use the following CSS code:

/*to change the comment box header text color */
h3#wc-comment-header {
color: #fff !important;
}

/*to change the color of the nickname*/
#wpcomm .wc-blog-post_author > .wc-comment-right .wc-comment-author, #wpcomm .wc-blog-post_author > .wc-comment-right .wc-comment-author a {
}

Please don't forget to delete all caches before checking.

(@redpillersi)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

One more thing.

Why in this place we have so much empty space? Red background place is blockquote.

This is my code:

#wpcomm p code {
background-color: #500000;
}
#wpcomm .wpdiscuz-spoiler-wrap .wpdiscuz-spoiler {
}
#wpcomm blockquote {
}
#wpcomm .wc-comment-text p a {
color: #2D8898 !important;
}
#wpcomm .wc-comment-right .wc-comment-text{
}

textarea.wc_edit_comment{
border: 1px solid #000000;
color: #000000;
}
#wpcomm .wc_comm_form.wc-secondary-form-wrapper .wc-field-textarea textarea {
color: #000000;
}
#wpcomm .wc-field-textarea textarea {
color: #000000 !important;
}
#wpcomm .wpd-form-row .wpd-field {
color: #000000 !important;
}

/*to change the comment box header text color */
h3#wc-comment-header {
}

/*to change the color of the nickname*/
#wpcomm .wc-blog-post_author > .wc-comment-right .wc-comment-author, #wpcomm .wc-blog-post_author > .wc-comment-right .wc-comment-author a {
}

As for coloring of author this is not working when i'm logged out and i comment with my nickname (i'm treated by wordpress as guest which is strange).
Can we set that color i specific for specific nickname?
This post was modified 5 years ago by redpillersi

(@redpillersi)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Aha it appears only when we begin comment with blockquote.

In middle of comment it works normally.

See here http://swiadomosc-zwiazkow.pl/reagowanie-kobiece-manipulacje-zwiazkach/#comment-7644

Apache see this error like this:

[Thu Mar 21 14:09:46.446973 2019] [fcgid:warn] [pid 15509:tid 140475671267072] [client 188.146.232.206:17526] mod_fcgid: stderr: B\xc5\x82\xc4\x85d Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' bazy danych WordPressa podczas wykonywania zapytania SELECT comment_ID FROM wp8b_comments WHERE comment_post_ID = 3080 AND comment_parent = '7642' AND comment_approved != 'trash' AND ( comment_author = '' AND comment_author_email = '' ) AND comment_content = '<blockquote>Jak wy\xc5\xbcej \xe2\x80\x93 albo niedostatecznie, albo\xe2\x80\xa6 to nie ta osoba dla Ciebie \xf0\x9f\x99\x82 Ale ja si\xc4\x99 powtarzam.</blockquote>\\n\\nOdk\xc4\x85d sie wyprowadzilam z domu jestem zupelnia inna osob\xc4\x85. Nie wiem co mog\xc4\x99 zrobic wiecej. \\n\\n<blockquote>M\xc3\xb3wisz, \xc5\xbce nie czujesz satysfakcji, gdy m\xc4\x99\xc5\xbcczyzna zrobi co\xc5\x9b, gdy mu powiesz. Ale on nie wie co ma zrobi\xc4\x87, bo nie jest jasnowidzem, nie czyta w my\xc5\x9blach, nie wie, on ma inne potrzeby ni\xc5\xbc Ty. Jeste\xc5\x9bcie odr\xc4\x99bnymi lud\xc5\xbami i p\xc5\x82ciami. Tak\xc5\xbce bez mowy nie ma niczego. Satysfakcj\xc4\x99 (emocje) trzeba od\xc5\x82o\xc5\xbcy\xc4\x87.</blockquote>\\n\\nWiem, ze tonie cow piszesz jestto jak najbardziej podstawne, ale to \xc5\xbce b\xc4\x99d\xc4\x99 czu\xc4\x87 si\xc4\x99 \xc5\xbale - tego nie zmieni\xc4\x99. B\xc4\x99d\xc4\x99 i tyle. Nawet jak sobie na chlopski rozum cos wyt\xc5\x82umacz\xc4\x99. \\nBtw. Juz mu proponowalam wspolne mieszkanie to i tak odm\xc3\xb3wi\xc5\x82 (poda\xc5\x82 konkretne powody z ktorymi ciezko dyskutowac i miec jakis kompromis)' LIMIT 1 wys\xc5\x82anego przez do_action('wpdiscuz_nopriv_wpdAddComment'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WpdiscuzCore->addComment, wp_new_comment, wp_allow_comment, referer:  http://swiadomosc-zwiazkow.pl/reagowanie-kobiece-manipulacje-zwiazkach/ 

Problem with utf coding (polish letters)?

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by redpillersi

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @redpillersi,

As for coloring of author this is not working when i'm logged out and i comment with my nickname (i'm treated by wordpress as guest which is strange).

you should make sure the "Use guest email to detect registered account" option is enabled. 

it appears only when we begin comment with blockquote.

Yes, it's a small CSS conflict with theme or other plugins. Just add this code in "Custom CSS code" textarea, save it delete all caches and do CTRL+F5 on the frontend. The issue should be solved: 

#wpcomm .wc-reply .wc-comment-right .wc-comment-text, #wpcomm .wc-reply .wc-comment-right .wc-comment-text * {
clear: none;
}

Apache see this error like this:

Please make sure your MySQL version 5.6 or greater. 

(@redpillersi)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thank you very much. Problems solved 🙂

Share:
Scroll to top