Clear all

Using all add ons, need help!

13 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@percysgrowroom)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

I have lots of things I need help with...

i have all the add ons, but now they leave warnings on my control panel saying activate, even though it tells me not to active if I'm using it on .... IP address. Am I stuck with those there? 

I assigned badges to some members, but they do not show up on the profile? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? 

How can I change the colours of user names for different ranks? 

Is it possible, to add some space between forums? And maybe even make sections closeable? 

It also seems as if some people are having trouble signing up and getting in with their passwords. 

And, the last one I can think of right now lol. Can I add a water mark to pictures uploaded by members? And can I make the photo uploaded into a page? So members can see is uploaded by other members? 

I hope someone can help me get all of these add ons working at full potential 🙂 here is my website, in case that helps. www.percysgrowroom.com

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @percysgrowroom,

Thank you for your purchase and for contacting us. 

i have all the add ons, but now they leave warnings on my control panel saying activate, even though it tells me not to active if I'm using it on .... IP address. Am I stuck with those there? 

You should put your activation key in the "Activation Key" section. The Activation Key you got via email or you can find it in your account page.

I assigned badges to some members, but they do not show up on the profile? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? 

Have you deleted all caches before checking? Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page, click on [Delete User Cache] then[Delete All Caches] buttons.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you. Please explain it using some screenshots. 
Is it possible, to add some space between forums? And maybe even make sections closeable? 

If I understand you correctly, you'd like to add some padding or margin between the forums, if so, please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page, put the following CSS code in "Custom CSS code" textarea, save it, delete all caches, do CTRL+F5 on the frontend. 

It also seems as if some people are having trouble signing up and getting in with their passwords. 

The new user registration email doesn't have any relation to wpForo. The New User Registration email is performed by WordPress Core. The wpForo registration form is the same WordPress registration form with all hooks that can be used by other plugins. Sometimes the email goes to spam-box and user don't check it. You should check in spam-box as well.

And, the last one I can think of right now lol. Can I add a water mark to pictures uploaded by members? And can I make the photo uploaded into a page? So members can see is uploaded by other members? 

I'm sorry but there is no such feature yet. 

ReplyQuote
(@percysgrowroom)
Member Customer
Topic starter  
Posted by: Astghik

Hi @percysgrowroom,

Thank you for your purchase and for contacting us. 

You should put your activation key in the "Activation Key" section. The Activation Key you got via email or you can find it in your account page.

Have you deleted all caches before checking? Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page, click on [Delete User Cache] then[Delete All Caches] buttons.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you. Please explain it using some screenshots. 

If I understand you correctly, you'd like to add some padding or margin between the forums, if so, please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page, put the following CSS code in "Custom CSS code" textarea, save it, delete all caches, do CTRL+F5 on the frontend. 

The new user registration email doesn't have any relation to wpForo. The New User Registration email is performed by WordPress Core. The wpForo registration form is the same WordPress registration form with all hooks that can be used by other plugins. Sometimes the email goes to spam-box and user don't check it. You should check in spam-box as well.

I'm sorry but there is no such feature yet. 

Brilliant! Thanks for the input, the username colour I mean is like, I'm purple, and you're red

88049EF3 1296 40A6 AA0B 789DB55FD068

ReplyQuote
(@percysgrowroom)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Ok, the badges still do not work, maybe it's the image I'm using?

the gaps worked....but I only wanted gaps between main forums, it's put a gap between everything. How can I fix that? 

Thanks for help so far, activated all add ons now. 

So, badges, username colours, and less gaps 😉 

thanks again for your help

ReplyQuote
(@percysgrowroom)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

And you see, this is why I don't want to use a forum! I'm ready, at my pc, ready to fix these things. Still no reply! Am I even going to get another one or should I start another thread? 

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @percysgrowroom,

The options to manage Usergroup colors are located in Dashboard > Forums > Usergroup admin page. 

the gaps worked....but I only wanted gaps between main forums, it's put a gap between everything. How can I fix that?

Please remove the code I've provided and leave some screenshot, what exactly, you'd like to change. 

the badges still do not work, maybe it's the image I'm using?

To make sure, please try to use another image, and let us know. 

ReplyQuote
(@percysgrowroom)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

I am unable to upload images from my iPad too....it works here so it's a problem my end 🙂 but I don't know what lol

but here is is what I mean, just a gap where the red line is 

357AF332 684F 427E BE40 A8F059EFA5CA

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

@percysgrowroom,

I am unable to upload images from my iPad too....it works here so it's a problem my end but I don't know what lol

Have you tried to upload the same image you can't upload on your website here?

but here is is what I mean, just a gap where the red line is 

ok, use this CSS code, add it in "Custom CSS code" textarea, save it, delete all caches, do CTRL+F5 on the frontend. 

#wpforo-wrap .wpforo-category {
margin-top: 25px !important;
}

Please don't forget to change the red marked color code before using. 

ReplyQuote
(@percysgrowroom)
Member Customer
Topic starter  
55043C57 830C 4C0B BFD4 E852B7931215

yes it worked fine.... I'm doing it from a members profile. Maybe that's the difference? Is there a setting where a member can't upload pics until a certain amount of posts? 

I'll ad that code and get back to you with the results. Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate your time 

ReplyQuote
(@percysgrowroom)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Excellent!! that code worked!!!! Thanks alot, that looks much better now... is it possible to make each section minimizable? 

ReplyQuote
(@percysgrowroom)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi again 😉 is it possible to add a bar to separate stickies from normal posts? Possibly with text in? One above the stickies saying stickies, and one above the normal posts saying normal posts? 

BF5FCF69 BE34 42B0 A773 3AAA22CC7A2A

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

@percysgrowroom,

I'm really sorry but this requires custom CSS coding and it depends on different dynamic conditions, this is not a stable color \. Please note, that we don't provide support for style customization, we may help in 1-2 simple questions related to colors and background but not more. We can not help you customize all components of forum style, these are custom requirements and should be done by forum owners. We only help with general questions and issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

You can find all classes by pressing F12 on the browser and opening Chrome or Firefox Console, it'll help you easily write CSS rules you need to customize. 

CSS

This website should help you to write CSS rules. 

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_nth-child.asp

ReplyQuote
(@percysgrowroom)
Member Customer
Topic starter  
Posted by: Astghik

@percysgrowroom,

I'm really sorry but this requires custom CSS coding and it depends on different dynamic conditions, this is not a stable color \. Please note, that we don't provide support for style customization, we may help in 1-2 simple questions related to colors and background but not more. We can not help you customize all components of forum style, these are custom requirements and should be done by forum owners. We only help with general questions and issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

You can find all classes by pressing F12 on the browser and opening Chrome or Firefox Console, it'll help you easily write CSS rules you need to customize. 

CSS

This website should help you to write CSS rules. 

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_nth-child.asp

That's cool, thanks for your input mate 🙂 sounds like I have some reading on coding to do lol 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top