Clear all

[Solved] The post editor doesnt have a close button

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jai9mareddy)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Some more issues like, the editor in which user types, doesnt have a close button. Only maximize screen option is present in the editor. Moreover we also want to remove some unwanted options from editor like blackquote, code, spoiler, source code, emozi etc.

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

@jai9mareddy,

We'll take this under consideration. Just specify which layout and which editor exactly you mean. There are many types of editors n different forum layouts.

Posted by: @jai9mareddy

Moreover we also want to remove some unwanted options from editor like blackquote, code, spoiler, source code, emozi etc

That's very easy to do with 'wpforo_editor_settings' filter hook. Put this code in your current active WordPress theme functions.php file. You can see all button names in 3rd line of this code, just remove whichever you want.

function wpforo_custom_editor_toolbar( $settings ){
if( isset($settings['tinymce']['toolbar1']) ){
$settings['tinymce']['toolbar1'] = 'fontsizeselect,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,forecolor,bullist,numlist,hr,alignleft,aligncenter,alignright,alignjustify,link,unlink,blockquote,pre,wpf_spoil,undo,redo,pastetext,source_code,emoticons,fullscreen';
}
return $settings;
}
add_filter('wpforo_editor_settings', 'wpforo_custom_editor_toolbar', 12);

How to Easily Add Custom Code in WordPress (without Breaking Your Site)

Kota
(@kota)

Hello Tom,

Wpforo is great forum plugin, thank you. 

Posted by: @jai9mareddy

Moreover we also want to remove some unwanted options from editor like blackquote, code, spoiler, source code, emozi etc

I also would like to do like this, so attached your code in current active theme(attached image). But it didn't work. There is still many options.

スクリーンショット 2020 01 28 18.02.36

Please let me know how to do. Thank you for your support!

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

Hi @kota,

The code is provided to allow you remove any button you want. It's not provided to just copy and paste. Please let me know what exactly you would like to do? What toolbar buttons you'd like to remove?

Kota
(@kota)

Hi Tom, 

Thank you for quick response. I would like to remove all buttons from font-size to emoji. 

Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

So you want to remove all toolbar buttons?

Kota
(@kota)

Yes. Is it possible?

Elvina
(@elvina)
Support

Navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page, put the following CSS code in "Custom CSS Code" textarea:

#wpforo-wrap .mce-toolbar .mce-btn-group {
    display: none;
}

Don't forget to delete all caches and press CTRL+F5 on frontend before checking.

Kota
(@kota)

Hello Elvina,

It worked, thank you! Quick responses were very helpful for me, I think Wpforo is great forum plugin!

Share:
Scroll to top