My wpForo User Says His Display Name Keeps Changing Back

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Curtis
(@cbisel16)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

I run a membership website using MemberMouse in conjunction with wpForo to be the forum for all members. I've been notified if a very odd issue I want to ask about.

I recently got a wpForo post from a Member who says that every month when his membership renews (through MemberMouse), his Display Name (inside of wpForo) changes from what he manually changed it to ("ted_au"), back to his PayPal account name ("Mr Billy B. Thornton") — that I guess is what he used when he setup his membership account in MemberMouse. So, each month, he's having to re-change "Mr Billy B. Thornton" back to "ted_au" manually after it keeps switching back automatically for some reason.

I don't see at all how MemberMouse would be affecting his information in wpForo. MemberMouse doesn't affect this forum at all, other than the fact that I use MemberMouse to protect forum and only display it to paying members.

This is the first time I've experienced this issue (I've had my membership area with both plugins running successfully for over a year now), so it's hard for me to understand how this is happening now with his wpForo account. I would think my other Members who have changed their display name would also have this happen to them. And maybe it is happening to them too, and I'm not aware of it. Maybe this is the first time someone has brought it to my attention. 

Here's his full post he wrote to me (as a screenshot):

screenshot wpforo issue

Before I assume it's some new random plugin conflict, can anyone think of any reason that wpForo would lose the information a user typed into their Display Name field on a regular consistent basis — monthly in this case? 

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @cbisel16,

As far as I know, the Display name wpForo gets from WordPress settings and just show it (without any manipulation with it).  

I'll ask wpForo developers this question to make sure and let you know asap.

Here is the article on How to Change Public Display Name: 

https://www.competethemes.com/blog/change-public-display-name/

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @cbisel16,

the wpForo user is the same Wordpress user. wpForo just add the forum specific fields signature, About Me, Avatar, etc. 

It seems the MemberMouse plugin change the value of the display name field and wpForo just shows the changed value. 

ReplyQuote
Curtis
(@cbisel16)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

@astghik, thanks for looking into this for me. Appreciate it.

I will check with MemberMouse team now and see if they come up with the same. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top