Clear all

Intermittent 500 errors

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@gerdtimdalpine-org)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

I'm receiving intermittent 500 server errors using wpForo. I've gone through the process of disabling all extensions and the error continues to pop up. I've attached the text from the error screen and the related log file entries. It can happen at any stage of browsing the forum or maintaining it.

I'm on a Network Solution shared linux server platform.

This error is generated when a script running on the server could not be implemented or permissions are incorrectly assigned for files or directories

Troubleshooting suggestions:

Temporarily disable any rewrite rules by renaming your .htaccess file if it exists.

Ensure that any CGI or Perl scripts have at least .755. permissions.

If trying to run PHP and you get this error, you may have an invalid php.ini in your /cgi-bin, or may be missing your php.dat file in this folder.

[Mon Sep 16 20:54:28 2019][warn] [client 68.105.214.193] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer: https://www.imdalpine.org/alpine101/forum/
[Mon Sep 16 20:54:28 2019][error] [client 68.105.214.193] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: https://www.imdalpine.org/alpine101/forum/

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @gerdtimdalpine-org,

Thank you for contacting us. 

Currently, we don't see such issue on your forum. Could you please tell us a little more about the issue? When exactly are you running into this error?

ReplyQuote
(@gerdtimdalpine-org)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

@astghik

The key word here is "intermittent".

It may take three clicks in the forum and it may take 30 clicks in the form, but eventually the error, which I included in my original post, is printed in the server logs.

It can happen at any time (or not).

Once the 500 error occurs, it can take one, two or more reloads for the error to clear and begin displaying the forum again.

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

Hi @gerdtimdalpine-org,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Debug Tab and check "Tables" and "Error & Issues" sub-tabs. If you found any error report please let us know.

Also, copy your server PHP, Apache and MySQL information from "Server" sub-tab and leave it here.

ReplyQuote
(@gerdtimdalpine-org)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

There are no Tables errors on the Debug Tab.

USER AGENT Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.132 Safari/537.36
Web Server Apache
PHP Version 7.0.2-pl0-gentoo
MySQL Version 5.6.44
PHP Max Post Size 100M
PHP Max Upload Size 100M
PHP Memory Limit 256M
PHP DateTime Class Available
PHP cURL Module Available
GD and Image Functions Available
PHP imagick extension Available

ReplyQuote
(@gerdtimdalpine-org)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Also, no issues or errors on the Errors and Issues tab.

ReplyQuote
(@gerdtimdalpine-org)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

I believe you can close this incident. I was mistaken that WPForo was involved in the fastCGI errors.

I've spent some time going through the web site logs and the fastCGI error occasionally rears its ugly head on non-forum pages.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top