Forum statistics on...

Notifications
Clear all

Forum statistics only for a user group possible?

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
18.2 K Views
DanielHunziker
(@danielhunziker)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hello

I'm using wpforo for a closed forum only for paying members. But unfortunately in forum statistics, I can see always every member, as well free members, that don't have access to this forum. It's just about set the forum statistic, so that it only shows statistic parameters for my usergroup that has access to this forum.

It's about the paramter "Mitglieder" (members) and "Neustes Mitglied" (newest member). Se the picture below.

Bildschirmfoto 2018 09 18 um 16.46.58

Is there a way to either set this statistics only to my choosen usergroup for this forum, or tho just hide this two parameters?

Maybe only by custom css?

Thanks for your help!

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi DanielHunziker,

we'll add a new CAN in Usergroup settings "View Forum Statistic". So you'll be able to edit Guest Usergroup and disable it.

ReplyQuote
DanielHunziker
(@danielhunziker)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hello Astghik

Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean with "CAN"? Is that a new check box like the actual check box in usergroups-edit "?:

Product Manager Analyst Sales Support Participant Moderator Blocked Spectator Keymaster SEO Editor SEO Manager Abonnent Mitarbeiter Autor Redakteur Administrator                            

When is this feature planed to be released?
Is there any other option so far, to exclude other members from statistics? Maybe by custom css?

Thanks for your reply.

Daniel

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Daniel,

What do you mean with "CAN"? Is that a new check box like the actual check box in usergroups-edit "?:

Yes, you're right we'll add new CAN in usergroup permissions. We'll add this in next version release.

For now, I suggest you disable Forum statistic for all using "Show Forum Statistic" option located in Forums > Settings > Features admin page.

ReplyQuote
DanielHunziker
(@danielhunziker)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Ok, thanks.

So, I'm looking forward to this next version and disable so far forum statistics. Since I like the statistics a lot, a little bit a pitty. But I enjoy so far wpforo and its design and other functions. I like it a lot - it's a very nice designed forum plugin with great functionallity!

Thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote
DanielHunziker
(@danielhunziker)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

One last question:

I could hide the statistic sections "members" and "Newest Member" but only temporary by using inspector in firefox. Is there no easy way, to just hide this both sections in statistics? I mean some css to add, and than it's just hidden. Like in this picture:

Bildschirmfoto 2018 09 21 um 10.29.12

I guess that shouldn't be complicated and with it, I would have a solution till the new version with the new "CAN" is released. I really don't wanna forgo statistics befor then.

Would be great, if you could provide me some css.

Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @danielhunziker,

Use the following CSS code for this purpose. Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page, put the following code in "Custom CSS Code" textarea, save it, delete all caches and do CTRL+F5 on the frontend. 

#wpforo-wrap #wpforo-stat-body .wpf-stat-item:last-child {
display: none;
}
#wpforo-wrap #wpforo-stat-body .wpf-stat-item:nth-child(4) {
border-right: none !important;
}
#wpforo-wrap #wpforo-stat-body .wpf-last-info p span:nth-child(2) {
display: none;
}

ReplyQuote
DanielHunziker
(@danielhunziker)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Great, thank you very much!
It does exact what I wanted. Perfect!

Just another thing: How did you get this @danielhunziker with link?
I mean how to mention people in a post, so that there is a link?

Couldn't find it in the documentation. Do I need an addon for this function?

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi DanielHunziker,

This is the nicename, @danielhunziker, we've added the @nicename to allow people find members nicenames and @mention in the post, as I did it here. This sends you an email notification with "You've been mentioned in forum post" subject (if you're not subscribed here). 

nicename

ReplyQuote
DanielHunziker
(@danielhunziker)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hello Astghik

Perfect, I got it.

This issues here are solved.

Thanks again for your help and best regards
Daniel

ReplyQuote