Clear all

Tagging commenters with spaces in their names

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@e-schlange)
Member Customer
Topic starter

Here's a problem I'm encountering, after running wpDiscuz for about a month. As the number of commenters builds (because wpDiscuz is amazing and works so well, I'm getting a lot more comment traffic!) the popup menu to choose who I'm tagging isn't showing enough options, specifically when trying to tag a member with a first and last name separated by a space.

Could the plugin be updated to support two-word names? Or is there another solution? As it is, I see no way of tagging some people in my replies. I've attached an example from this morning.

Untitled 2

Posted : 28/01/2020 11:30 pm
Elvina
(@elvina)
Support

Hi @e-schlange,

We've take it into considiretion and try to improve mentioning in the next version update.
Currently you can increase the list size, and when you mention the user try to use the underline(_) before writing the  last name.
For example like this : @john_doe

Posted : 29/01/2020 8:38 pm
(@e-schlange)
Member Customer
Topic starter

@elvina thanks!

Where do you change the list size? I tried changing the value in "Maximum number of users in "User Selector" bar" but that doesn't seem to do anything... it seems to be stuck at showing only 5.

Posted : 29/01/2020 9:57 pm
Elvina
(@elvina)
Support

@e-schlange,

We've just checked it on our test website and don't find such an issue, everything works as expected.

Could you please change the value of  "Maximum number of users in "User Selector" bar" option and press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend before checking.

Posted : 30/01/2020 11:01 am
(@e-schlange)
Member Customer
Topic starter

@elvina just did that, but nothing changed. Still just showing 5 results.

Posted : 30/01/2020 9:18 pm
Elvina
(@elvina)
Support

@e-schlange,

Do you have a cache plugins installed on your website? If so please deactivate the cache
plugins and check again.

We several times test it on our test websites it works fine. Something wrong on your side.

Posted : 31/01/2020 12:43 pm
Share:
Scroll to top