Clear all

Another Issue - User Can't See Forum and 404 Error

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@foxieroxie)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hey guys. So one of my users is getting a blank view with the forums. She can SEE there is a forum, she cannot see any of the threads or content.

Her level is set at the default "registered".

I changed the forum link to be "forum" instead of community via the plugin settings.

It works fine on MY end and for some of our other members, I do not know if others are having this issue but she is.

I went and created a page called "forum" and put the code there, and it still works and for ME. But she still cannot see the forum.

I cleared my cache for the site itself. I went to permalinks setting in WP and hit save settings to refresh that.

Still she cannot access it.

What could be the issue? As I said this is for one single client - THAT I KNOW OF.

Please advise. Attached is what she sees.

Screenshot 2017 02 28 23 10 06

(@foxieroxie)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

What I forgot to mention about the 404...

When the user goes to /community the page is blank as above.

PRIOR to me adding the /forum as an ACTUAL page on my site she was getting a 404 error.

I have SEEN this 404 myself. If I click a link on the forum it redirects to a 404. I would have to refresh the page in order for the page to come back.

This is PRIOR to me actually adding a REAL /forum page to my site.

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

Please make sure you set Forum Permissions correctly. If you set No Access for Guests or Registered Usergroup they'll not be able to view forums, they'll see blank are. Edit categories and forums and check permissions, it should look like this:

wpForo Usergroup Forum access set in forum settings

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top