Clear all

Best way to get a Facebook like experience

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@mikequinn)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi, I've installed WPDiscuz including many of the modules (I bought the pack). Other than a few things that I know is on my end (Sucuri's cache, etc) it's running like a champ. Very, very surprised actually. Usually I have to fight things to get them to work.

Anyhow, I'm hoping to have my setup as close to Facebook as possible but also loading as fast as possible...with real time comments. Anyone (or the creators) want to share that setup that would get me as close to this as possible? Hiring a coder, server guy/gal, etc is not an issue. Jumping up servers (currently on a small dedicated) is not an issue. I have lightspeed on my current server if that makes any difference.

Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @mikequinn,

wpDiscuz add-ons use the wpDiscuz functions and hooks, thus it slows the wpdiscuz plugin work. We're preparing a new wpDiscuz and wpDiscuz add-ons version (no ETA yet), we do all our best to make it as fas as possible. 

MikeQuinn reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mikequinn)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: Astghik

Hi @mikequinn,

wpDiscuz add-ons use the wpDiscuz functions and hooks, thus it slows the wpdiscuz plugin work. We're preparing a new wpDiscuz and wpDiscuz add-ons version (no ETA yet), we do all our best to make it as fas as possible. 

I'm pretty impressed. I run a LOT of plugins and so far, just a few minor things need to be fixed. Product does what it says it will on the box.

I did have to turn off cacheing at Sucuri but their "off" is not really completely off. Images and some other stuff is still cached and loaded into their CDN.

I'm sure once I get the time to figure it out, I can likely load up cache exception paths in their system and turn it back on.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top