Exclusions based on user role/permissions

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@vectec)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi

I have a feature request.  When it comes to posting a URL I want to be able to apply different rules for different user roles.

For example I don't want a brand new user to be able to post a URL since it could be spam, but a trusted user who has a different role should have no restrictions.

Can you please add this in your next release?  An option to exclude certain user roles from the rule regarding the posting of URLs

Thanks

Topic Tags
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi @vectec,

Thank you for this suggestion. Could you please let me no do you use wpForo as a forum plugin? 

If yes, wpForo already has such a feature. wpForo Spam Control has an option to restrict new registered users to to post links and attach files. There is a level (minimum number of posts) they must have to post links.

ReplyQuote
(@vectec)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Yes I am using wpForo but I didn't see this option.   This would be what I'm looking for.   Where is the spam control option I'm not seeing it?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Astghik
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member Admin

@vectec,

All options for Spam control you can find on Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam admin page.

Antispam

More info here: https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-2-0-is-released/#post-7905

ReplyQuote
(@vectec)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

Great, thank you!   That is just the kind of option I was hoping to have with your forum but I was looking in the forums section and I never checked the tools option.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top