Notifications
Clear all

How to automatically close the pop-up window after clicking on the smile?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Minusator
Customer
Topic starter
(@igjijklgf4)

Good afternoon.

How to hide automatic pop-up window after clicking on the smile?

In the mobile version it is problematic to do for users.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Astghik
Admin
(@astgh)
Illustrious Member

Hi,

There is no option, that allows to hide popup window after clicking on the smile, this is a working logic of the addon. I'm really sorry but there is no way to change it.

Minusator
Customer
Topic starter
(@igjijklgf4)

This is bug!!!!

Try normally send a smile from the mobile version of the site. If the window is not closed the user cannot normally send a comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Good practic - Close the window after you take action with it!

Minusator
Customer
Topic starter
(@igjijklgf4)

In addition, I see on the user's question that you had such functionality

https://gvectors.com/forum/emoticons/feature-request/

The user asks to do so that the tooltip is not closed by clicking on the smiley icon and an empty space

So this functionality was. Why can't you tell me how to do it? Or give the old version of the wp-discuz file.js

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member
Posted by: IGjijklgf4

This is bug!!!!

Try normally send a smile from the mobile version of the site. If the window is not closed the user cannot normally send a comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Good practic - Close the window after you take action with it!

Normally the popup window is closed once you click / tap outside of the window. So all farther actions close the popup window. You should not have to do another click to close it. Clicking again on smile icon to close is not a practice logic. And this has been changed  based on dozens of addon users. People want to close automatically when they click/tap on any place outside of popup window. Now this addon is installed on hundreds of websites and all customers are satisfied with this logic.

However, I think you're checking using iOS device (iPhone, etc...) and it doesn't close the popup window when you click outside of the window, it only closes when you tap on comment textarea. At the moment only on iPhones this doesn't work and you don't see the easiness and practicality of this working logic. Or maybe something is broken on your website. In any case please leave your website URL.

We're currently fixing this issue on iPhones. Also we're adding new way to display emoticons. In next version you'll have an option to display emoticons in a box which will be opened under textarea (not a pupup window). This is also easy to use on mobile devices.

Share:
Scroll to top