Clear all

[Solved] 500 Internal Error when Trying to Activate It

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@sbelgrave)

Hi,

Just bought the Media Uploader. Downloaded the zip , unpacked it uploaded it to the plugins directory (making sure not to have the duplicate folder names  (ie: mediauploader/mediauploader/xxxx). However, when i'm trying to activate it, it throws a 500 error and brings down my site. The only way i can get it back up again is to go into ftp and delete the folder and start again. I haven't had trouble activating other plugins this morning so it seems to be something specfiic with MU.  

What should i look for and where can i look for it to see if i can fix this ?

Thanks,

Scott

2 Replies
 Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

Make sure you have not double /wpdiscuz-media-uploader/wpdiscuz-media-uploader/ directories nested inside each other, please correct this before you continue. This is WRONG. The media uploader folder should be located in /wp-content/plugins/ folder.

Also please let us know which wpDiscuz and WordPress versions you use. Have you updated wpDiscuz to 4.0.2?

Tom
Admin
(@tomson)
Famed Member

Also, maybe something is not uploaded. I'd recommend to remove the /wpdiscuz-media-uploader/ folder and use the regular zip uploading method of WP plugin installation. Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins > Add new and upload addon ZIP file, then activate it.

Share:
Scroll to top