Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Link to subscript or unsubscript email notification --- 404 page not found

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@barbara27h)
Topic starter  

Hi, I am barbara, developer of a german game Site and I have one special problem: klicking on the link to subcript or unsubscript for a comment email notification the user gets an error: 404 page not found. The same error occurs when the user tries to unsubscript the notification using the link in his e-mail. 

That means: the permalink to the subscribe respectively the unsubsribe message can not be found.

I found out the following: If the post is a normal post the link works without problems ... but our game posts have a custom post type, and for them the link doesn't work.

Is it possible that the subscription module has problems with custom post types? And what can I do?

Thank you for your answer.

Regards from Germany, barbara 

(@barbara27h)
Topic starter  

Hi ... I would like to get an answer. Is my description incomprehensible?

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

Yes, that's possible. Please navigate to Comments > Forms admin page, edit the Comment Form and save it again. Then navigate to Settings > General and click on Update Options. Then delete all caches and test it again.

Also please leave some URL to allow us check it as well.

ReplyQuote
(@barbara27h)
Topic starter  

I followed your advices but -unfortunately- without success.

In the attachment you find my form configuration. Die Post Type "Siedelwoodmap" is a Custom Post Type.

My Site is siedelwood-neu.de but at the moment the Subscription bar is disabled cause it doesn't work correctly.

Here is a direct Link to one of the siedelwoodmaps

CommentFormSiedelwoodmap

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

We can't find any issue with post types. This is something site specific or Post Type generator plugin specific issue. Could you please leave the name of plugin you use to initiate post types?

ReplyQuote
(@barbara27h)
Topic starter  

The comment post is created by the plugin wp-user-frontend. The customer fullfills a form and submitting the form the post is created. This post is just a quite normal wp-post, except its custom post type called "siedelwoodmap". 

The Custom post type itself is initiated by the plugin Custom Post Type UI.

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tomson)
Famed Member Admin

I'm sorry but there is no way to fix this issue. The Custom Post Type you use sends GET data in URL. It doesn't use simple /postname/ structure. There is no way to have a correct subscription link with such permalink structure, you should change it to SEO friendly type, this is not SEO friendly:

https:// siedelwood-neu.de/ ?siedelwoodmap=der-pferdeaeppelskandal

ReplyQuote
(@barbara27h)
Topic starter  

Hi Tom ... with your help I was able to find out where the permalink structure for this custom post type has been built. An other Plugin has to be configurated in an other way. 

Thank you very much!!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to top